It’s almost impossible to keep unwanted pests from coming inside, but there are some things you can do to discourage them from invading your home.
- Repair leaky pipes and correct any moisture problems.
- Make sure gutters are not clogged and are working properly.
- Keep tree limbs trimmed away from the roof line.
- Make sure window and door screens, gable vents, and foundation vents fit properly and are in good condition.
- Seal cracks around windows and doors and holes where plumbing and utility lines enter the house.
- Do not use an excessive amount of mulch or pine straw around the foundation of the house.
- Keep bushes trimmed away from the foundation.
- Use yellow colored light bulbs for porch lights, and other outdoor lighting.
- Don’t leave food and drinks lying around to attract pests.
- Make sure all trash is enclosed in plastic bags.
- Keep the house clean. Avoid clutter, vacuum often, and clean up spilled food.
- Have your pets treated regularly for fleas and ticks.
For more information, call us today!